What could be a better start to the day than feeding your body with a burst of nutrition? These vegan hemp banana muffins will give you your share of daily Omega 3 goodness, protein, and potassium. Combine it with milk and you have yourself a super-healthy, brain-boosting breakfast!
Recipe by: Ella Leché
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
WHAT YOU NEED
6 tbs of warm water
2 tbs of ground flax seeds
¼ cup hemp seeds
1 tbs of baking soda
1 cup of all-purpose flour (can be gluten-free, if that is your choice)
1½ teaspoons aluminium-free baking powder
¼ teaspoon of fine sea salt
½ cup coconut or grape seed oil (keep this melted but not hot)
½ cup coconut palm sugar
1 cup of ripe bananas (smashed)
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
¼ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
WHAT TO DO
- Preheat oven to 325F. Prepare a muffin pan with liners or parchment paper sheet.
- Mix ground flax seeds with warm water in a bowl and keep aside.
- Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Smash the bananas into the flax seeds mixed with water. Add oil, sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add the mixture in 4 and 3 together and mix well.
- Add in the hemp seeds and stir to mix.
- Scoop this mixture into the muffin pan evenly.
- Insert a toothpick into each of the scoop.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. Tell-sign: until the muffins are golden on the top and the toothpick comes out dry and clean.
- Allow to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Serve nice and fresh!
And you have yourself a healthy, tasty breakfast!