ITSHEMP: Where India buys Hemp, CBD, and Cannabis Products from Global Brands.
Location: Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh
Position: Product Photographer
Compensation: Up to ₹5,000 (increments based on performance)
Reporting to: Content Head & Co-founders
We are looking for an in-house e-commerce Photographer for ItsHemp. This is an exciting opportunity for a recent graduate or a freelance professional to join our team in Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh.
You will manage and operate the day-to-day product photography ensuring that consistency and brand guidelines are upheld. The role requires a candidate with impeccable organisation skills and a sharp eye for detail.
Enthusiasm for Hemp Products is essential and a pragmatic approach to problem-solving is a must.
Along with handling the daily product photography, there will be regular model shoots and creative photography assignments.
Product Photographer Duties and Responsibilities
- Pre-shoot Preparations: The photographer needs to obtain a Decent Camera and any necessary ancillary elements (such as mannequins or a backdrop) and set up lighting for a photoshoot. Depending on the products involved, the shoot could be outdoors or indoors and take place in a studio or in the field.
- Product Shoots: Once the necessary elements are in place, the photographer takes a large volume of photos & videos, seeking to present the product accurately and appealingly. This process can be static or involve models or changes to the staging.
- Manage Post Production: Photographer is responsible for post-shoot procedures, including cataloguing, selecting the best photos, and editing and cleaning up images. Photos also need to be cropped and prepared for use in a variety of marketing channels, catalogues, e-commerce website, and mobile apps. The photographer is also responsible for supplying tags, captions, or metadata in some cases.
- Execution of product photography ensuring consistency
- The daily organisation of stock to be photographed
- Directing and executing model shoots
- Creative photography assignments
- Editing & Post Production for various marketing channels including website, catalogues, and social media
- Staging – many product photos are not taken against a blank backdrop. Placement of models, mannequins, props, and other elements can help present products well to prospective customers.
- Lighting – Proper lighting is the key to obtaining good photos. So, photographers need to know where to place their lighting or position the subject to take advantage of natural light.
- Camera expertise – product photographers don’t simply snap a bunch of pictures with the auto settings on their cameras. They manually optimize their equipment to produce the best possible shots.
- Photography – building on their prep work, product photographers take carefully composed shots that present products in an appealing way and provide useful information to prospective buyers.
- Photo editing – photographers often edit their work using digital tools that can compensate for less than ideal conditions (such as imperfect lighting or distractions).
- Excellent organisation skills
- Understanding of current photography techniques
- Attention to detail
- Versatile practical ability
- Experience in Digital marketing is a plus
- Driven by results
- Ability to work hands-on in a start-up environment
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Determined self-starter with a positive attitude
- Can show initiative, drive, and enthusiasm.
- Strong organizational skills