Showing 1–12 of 504 results
What is Menstruation health?
Menstrual health refers to the physical, emotional, and social well-being of individuals who menstruates. It encompasses all aspects of menstruation, including the menstrual cycle, menstrual products, menstrual hygiene, and menstrual-related conditions such as premenstrual syndrome (PMS), dysmenorrhea (painful periods), and menorrhagia (heavy bleeding).
Complications with Menstrual health disturbance
- Irregular menstrual cycles: Changes in the length, frequency, or amount of bleeding can indicate underlying health issues such as hormonal imbalances, polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), or thyroid disorders.
- Painful periods: Severe cramping, pelvic pain, and headaches during menstruation can affect a person’s daily activities and quality of life.
- Heavy bleeding: Excessive menstrual bleeding can lead to anaemia, fatigue, and low energy levels.
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS): Symptoms such as bloating, mood swings, irritability, and breast tenderness can affect a person’s mental and emotional well-being.
- Menstrual-related migraines: Hormonal changes during menstruation can trigger migraines in some individuals, leading to severe headaches, nausea, and sensitivity to light and sound.
- Menstrual-related depression and anxiety: Hormonal changes during the menstrual cycle can affect a person’s mood and lead to depression and anxiety.
Menstrual Health with Cannabis
The complications related to menstrual health occur due to the disturbance in the body’s regular mechanisms like the Endocannabinoid system. And Cannabis works by regulating the Endocannabinoid system in the body. ECS regulates a range of processes in the body, mainly mood, hormones, appetite, sleep, pain sensation, and immune function. ECS comprises three main parts, endocannabinoids( naturally occurring in the body), enzymes ( used to break down endocannabinoids) and receptors( attachment sites). When our endocannabinoids default in function or are unregulated, discomfort in the form of diseases, pain, imbalances and inflammation occurs. Cannabis works by bringing this system back into regulation.
Menstrual Health with Cannabis food
Cannabis food is a term used for any type of food or beverage that has been infused with cannabis. These foods typically contain the psychoactive compound tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and/or the non-psychoactive compound cannabidiol (CBD).
Cannabis food can come in a variety of forms, such as baked goods, chocolates, gummies, beverages, and more.
Why should one use, Cannabis as food?
- Longer-lasting effects: Consuming cannabis as food can result in slower onset and longer-lasting effects than smoking or vaping, which can provide a more sustained and controlled experience.
- Discreet consumption: Using cannabis as food can be a more discreet way to consume cannabis, as there is no smoke or vapor involved.
- Alternative to smoking: For individuals who do not want to smoke or vape cannabis, using it as food can provide an alternative method of consumption.
- Potential medicinal benefits: Cannabis contains compounds such as THC and CBD that have been shown to have potential medicinal benefits, such as pain relief, anxiety reduction, and anti-inflammatory effects.
- Culinary experimentation: Cannabis-infused foods can be a fun and creative way to experiment with cooking and baking, and can add unique flavors and textures to dishes.
Why should one use, Cannabis as food for Menstrual Health?
- Reduced Stress Levels: Cannabis food has anti-anxiolytic properties and works as a relaxant to reduce stress. Regular use of it can reduce anxiety, agitation, and restlessness in patients with Seizures.
- Pain Relief: The pain-relieving properties of CBD(a compound in the Cannabis plant) are well-known. CBD is anti-inflammatory in nature and works to reduce inflammation throughout the body, significantly decreasing pain.
- Better Mental Health: Cannabis food’s anxiolytic properties reduce the levels of stress and anxiety in the body. CBD also helps with depression by altering the way the body reacts to the existing serotonin levels.
- Reducing Pain Signals: Cannabis food stimulates the reuptake of adenosine, boosting its levels in the brain and inhibiting pain sensations. It can also block pain signals from reaching the processing centres in the brain by binding to TPRV1—the receptor responsible for pain and inflammation.
- Reducing Inflammation: CBD acts as an antioxidant and decreases oxidative stress and systematic inflammation in the body. Inflammation is the root cause of most pain. By decreasing inflammation in the body, CBD reduces the intensity of pain. CBD can also reduce neuropathic pain by countering hyperalgesia (an abnormally heightened pain response in the body).
- Increasing Immune Response: Whenever our body experiences an injury, the body’s innate immune response to it with an inflammatory response that activates the pain pathways. CBD can modulate this immune response by decreasing the levels of the pro-inflammatory cytokines thus decreasing pain.
- Improving Mood & Sleep: Severe and chronic pain can cause psychological distress leading to depression, anxiety, irritability, and lack of peaceful sleep. CBD’s anxiolytic properties can reduce the overall stress in the body, leading to restful sleep.
Cannabis foods at ITSHEMP
- CBD/THC Gummies
- Hemp Chocolate Bars
- Hemp Pasta
- Hemp Hearts
- Hemp seeds
- Hemp Protein powders