Omega 3 & 6
Showing 1–12 of 256 results
What is Omega?
Omega is a type of fatty acid that is different from other fatty acids because of its chemical structure and unique functionality.
Omega 3 and 6 are essential fatty acids that are not produced by the body but are essential for multiple functions in the body. Omega-3 fatty acids, in particular, have been shown to have anti-inflammatory effects and are important for brain and heart health.
Omega-6 fatty acids is to provide energy for the body. Omega-6 fatty acids also play a role in the production of hormones and other signalling molecules in the body. They are involved in the regulation of inflammation and immune system function, and they can help promote blood clotting and wound healing and help in maintaining hair and skin health.
Cannabis Food as a source of Omega 3&6
Hemp seeds, which are a type of cannabis seed, are considered one of the best sources of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. They have an ideal ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids, which is roughly 3:1 or 4:1, making them a great option for those looking to balance their intake of these essential fatty acids.
Benefits of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids found in cannabis food:
- Reduced inflammation: Both omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids are involved in the body’s inflammatory response. Omega-3 fatty acids have anti-inflammatory properties, while omega-6 fatty acids can promote inflammation in excess. A balanced intake of both can help reduce inflammation and promote overall health.
- Improved heart health: Omega-3 fatty acids have been shown to have a beneficial effect on heart health by reducing triglycerides, lowering blood pressure, and reducing the risk of heart disease.
- Brain health: Omega-3 fatty acids are important for brain function and development, and have been shown to improve cognitive function, memory, and mood.
- Skin health: Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids are important for maintaining healthy skin and hair, and may help reduce the symptoms of certain skin conditions, such as eczema and psoriasis.
- Reduced risk of chronic diseases: A balanced intake of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids has been linked to a reduced risk of chronic diseases, such as diabetes, cancer, and Alzheimer’s disease.