Showing 1–12 of 20 results
What Is Parkinson’s?
Parkinson’s is a progressive nervous system disorder that affects a person’s ability to control movement. The disease usually starts out slow and worsens over time. People with Parkinson’s disease may experience:
- Trembling of hands, arms, legs, jaws, and face
- Poor balance and coordination
- Difficulty in or slowness of movements
- Rigidity of Limbs
Parkinson’s is a type of movement disorder that happens when the nerve cells in the brain don’t produce enough of dopamine. As the symptoms progress, people with the disease may experience trouble walking, talking, or doing simple tasks.
Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease (PD) may also trigger depression, sleep problems, or trouble chewing, swallowing, or speaking.
There is no cure for Parkinson’s. However, medicines sometimes help reduce the symptoms dramatically.
How does CBD help with Parkinson’s?
CBD is a therapeutic chemical compound present in the cannabis plant. Even though it comes from cannabis, it is non-intoxicating in nature and has significant medicinal value.
Parkinson’s disease does not have any cure. Medications are used to manage or reduce the symptoms of PD. CBD has been discovered as an effective, plant-based way to help treat the symptoms of Parkinson’s.
The research suggesting the use of CBD for Parkinson’s disease is limited. Large-scale studies are required to confirm any significant benefits of CBD for Parkinson’s.
However, some studies suggest that CBD can prove effective when it comes to the non-movement symptoms of Parkinson’s.
Potential Benefits of CBD Oil for Parkinson’s
- Pain Relief: The pain-relieving properties of CBD are well-known. CBD is anti-inflammatory in nature and works to reduce inflammation throughout the body, significantly decreasing pain.
- Reduced Tremors: A small study from 1986 suggests that CBD can help ease the muscle movements in patient with Parkinson’s.
- Better Mental Health: CBD’s anxiolytic properties reduce the levels of stress and anxiety in the body. CBD also helps with depression by altering the way the body reacts to the existing serotonin levels.
- Improved Motor Coordination: It also encourages the efficiency of the body’s basic cognitive processes such as attention, motor coordination, and memory.
- Better Sleep: CBD is well-known for its benefits for sleep disorders such as insomnia and RBD. Regular use of CBD oil can help regulate the sleep cycle in patients with Parkinson’s.
How long does CBD oil take to work for Parkinson’s symptoms?
The time CBD oil will take to reduce the symptoms of Parkinson’s depends on the method of consumption of CBD. The fastest method is sublingual or oral; consumption where you place the oil under the tongue. This method starts showing effects in 7-10 minutes. Another way to use CBD oil for insomnia is to add it to food. This method takes up to an hour to show effects.
How much CBD should I take to manage Parkinson’s?
The amount of CBD oil you should take will depend on the strength of the product you’re using, the method of consumption, and your body weight and chemistry. It is advisable to talk to your doctor or your budtender before deciding a dosage for yourself. If your doctor hasn’t recommended a dosage, start small and increase it gradually until the desired effect is achieved.
Where to buy CBD oil for Parkinson’s in India?
You can easily buy CBD oil for Parkinson’s in India online through platforms like ItsHemp, which deliver CBD oil directly to your doorstep. ItsHemp has a wide range of isolate, broad-spectrum, and full-spectrum CBD oil from Indian and international brands.