Showing 1–12 of 18 results
What is Cervical Spondylitis?
- Cervical spondylitis is the inflammation related pain in the neck section of the vertebral comlun. It can be a result of ageing, wear and tear, injury, repetitive strain, leading to stiffness and limited mobility. It involves inflammation in the spinal joints.
Causes behind Cervical Spondylitis
With age, our bones, joints and ligaments lose their usual strength. The flexibility and mobility are reduced by regular strain, wear and tear. Besides, ageing, such degeneration is brought upon by injury, a sedentary lifestyle, lack of exercise and rigid posture.
Signs and symptoms of Cervical Spondylitis
- Discomfort that improves as the day progresses.
- pain gets better with movement and exercise.
- limited mobility and loss of flexibility
- Hunched, rigid or stooped posture.
- vision problems, eye inflammation, redness, swelling etc.
How can Cannabis help with Cervical Spondylitis?
Cannabis medicine directly works by regulating the Endocannabinoid system in the body. ECS regulates a range of processes in the body, mainly mood, appetite, sleep, pain sensation, and immune function. ECS comprises three main parts, endocannabinoids( naturally occurring in the body), enzymes ( used to break down endocannabinoids) and receptors( attachment sites). When our endocannabinoids default in function or are unregulated, discomfort in the form of diseases, pain, and inflammation occurs. Cannabis medicine works by bringing this system back into regulation.
It has been found that some compounds found in Cannabis like CBD, may be useful in reducing inflammation and pain. Terpenes and flavonoids work as analgesics and anti-inflammatories. One particular cannabinoid, delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), has been studied for its pain-relieving effects. THC works by binding to cannabinoid receptors in the brain and nervous system, which can reduce pain perception.
Potential Benefits of CBD for Chemotherapy pain
- Pain Relief: CBD’s strong analgesic properties can help tackle severe migraine pain within minutes. Not only is CBD oil effective in countering neurological and localised pain, but it also inhibits pain sensations in the brain.
- Reducing Nausea and Vomiting: CBD has anti-emetic properties in that it is highly effective against vomiting and nausea.
- Improving Mood & Sleep: Migraine pains can often cause a lack of sleep and psychological distress. CBD oil is a relaxant that alters the reaction of the serotonin in the body, uplifting mood and reducing stress. It also decreases the time it takes for the brain to fall asleep and promotes uninterrupted sleep.
- Increasing Immune Response: Whenever our body experiences an injury, the body’s innate immune response to it with an inflammatory response that activates the pain pathways. CBD can modulate this immune response by decreasing the levels of the pro-inflammatory cytokines thus decreasing pain.
- Reducing Inflammation: CBD acts as an antioxidant and decreases oxidative stress and systematic inflammation in the body. Inflammation is the root cause of most pain. By decreasing inflammation in the body, CBD reduces the intensity of pain. CBD can also reduce neuropathic pain by countering hyperalgesia (an abnormally heightened pain response in the body).