Showing 1–12 of 294 results
What is Weight Management?
Weight management is an active action towards maintaining a healthy body weight which is according to BMI standards.
Complications with High Body weight
- Cardiovascular disease: Obesity increases the risk of developing various cardiovascular diseases, including high blood pressure, heart disease, and stroke.
- Type 2 diabetes: Obesity is a major risk factor for developing type 2 diabetes, which can lead to a range of health complications, including kidney disease, nerve damage, and eye damage.
- Joint problems: The excess weight can put pressure on the joints, increasing the risk of developing joint problems, such as osteoarthritis.
- Sleep apnea: Obesity can cause sleep apnea, which is a condition that causes pauses in breathing during sleep.
- Liver disease: Obesity increases the risk of developing non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, which can lead to liver damage and cirrhosis.
- Mental health problems: Obesity can lead to depression, anxiety, and other mental health problems.
- Cancer: Obesity is a risk factor for developing certain types of cancer, such as breast cancer, colon cancer, and liver cancer.
Complications with Low Body weight
- Malnutrition: Low body weight may be a sign of malnutrition, which can lead to nutrient deficiencies and weaken the immune system, increasing the risk of infections and other health problems.
- Osteoporosis: Low body weight can increase the risk of developing osteoporosis, a condition in which the bones become weak and brittle, increasing the risk of fractures.
- Reproductive problems: Low body weight can lead to menstrual irregularities in women, and may also affect fertility.
- Anemia: Low body weight can lead to anemia, a condition in which there is a decrease in the number of red blood cells, leading to fatigue, weakness, and other symptoms.
- Weakness and fatigue: Low body weight can lead to weakness, fatigue, and low energy levels, making it difficult to perform daily activities.
- Impaired immune function: Low body weight can weaken the immune system, increasing the risk of infections and other health problems.
Weight management with Cannabis
The imbalances in the body like high-low blood pressure levels occur due to the disturbance in the Endocannabinoid system. And Cannabis works by regulating the Endocannabinoid system in the body. ECS regulates a range of processes in the body, mainly mood, hormones, appetite, sleep, pain sensation, and immune function. ECS comprises three main parts, endocannabinoids( naturally occurring in the body), enzymes ( used to break down endocannabinoids) and receptors( attachment sites). When our endocannabinoids default in function or are unregulated, discomfort in the form of diseases, pain, imbalances and inflammation occurs. Cannabis works by bringing this system back into regulation.
Weight management with Cannabis food
Cannabis food is a term used for any type of food or beverage that has been infused with cannabis. These foods typically contain the psychoactive compound tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and/or the non-psychoactive compound cannabidiol (CBD).
Cannabis food can come in a variety of forms, such as baked goods, chocolates, gummies, beverages, and more.
Why should one use, Cannabis as food?
- Longer-lasting effects: Consuming cannabis as food can result in slower onset and longer-lasting effects than smoking or vaping, which can provide a more sustained and controlled experience.
- Discreet consumption: Using cannabis as food can be a more discreet way to consume cannabis, as there is no smoke or vapor involved.
- Alternative to smoking: For individuals who do not want to smoke or vape cannabis, using it as food can provide an alternative method of consumption.
- Potential medicinal benefits: Cannabis contains compounds such as THC and CBD that have been shown to have potential medicinal benefits, such as pain relief, anxiety reduction, and anti-inflammatory effects.
- Culinary experimentation: Cannabis-infused foods can be a fun and creative way to experiment with cooking and baking, and can add unique flavors and textures to dishes.
Why should one use, Cannabis as food for Weight management?
- appetite-suppressing effects, which could help reduce food intake and promote weight loss.
- Boosting metabolism: Cannabis may help increase metabolism, which could help the body burn calories more efficiently and aid in weight loss.
- Reducing inflammation: Chronic inflammation is associated with obesity and metabolic disorders, and some compounds in cannabis, such as CBD, have anti-inflammatory properties, which could potentially help in weight management.
- Reducing stress and anxiety: Stress and anxiety can contribute to overeating and weight gain. Cannabis has been shown to have calming effects, which may help reduce stress and anxiety levels.
- Improving sleep: Poor sleep has been linked to weight gain and obesity. Cannabis has been shown to improve sleep quality, which could potentially aid in weight management.
Cannabis foods at ITSHEMP
- CBD/THC Gummies
- Hemp Chocolate Bars
- Hemp Pasta
- Hemp Hearts
- Hemp seeds
- Hemp Protein powders