Showing 1–12 of 223 results
What is Fertility?
Fertility refers to the natural ability of an organism to produce offspring. In human beings, fertility specifically refers to the ability to conceive and give birth to a child.
Complications that affect Fertility
- Hormonal imbalances: Conditions such as polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and hypogonadism can interfere with the normal functioning of the reproductive system.
- Structural abnormalities: Structural abnormalities in the reproductive organs, such as blocked fallopian tubes or varicoceles, can prevent the egg and sperm from meeting and fertilizing.
- Age-related decline: As women age, their fertility naturally declines, as the quality and quantity of eggs they produce decreases.
- Lifestyle factors: Lifestyle factors such as smoking, excessive alcohol consumption, drug use, and obesity can all negatively impact fertility.
- Medical conditions: Certain medical conditions, such as endometriosis, thyroid disorders, and diabetes, can interfere with fertility.
- Medications: Some medications, such as chemotherapy drugs and certain antidepressants, can have a negative effect on fertility.
- Environmental factors: Exposure to environmental toxins, such as pesticides and lead, can also affect fertility.
Fertility with Cannabis
Problems in the body like Infertility occur due to the disturbance in the Endocannabinoid system. And Cannabis works by regulating the Endocannabinoid system in the body. ECS regulates a range of processes in the body, mainly mood, hormones, appetite, sleep, pain sensation, and immune function. ECS comprises three main parts, endocannabinoids( naturally occurring in the body), enzymes ( used to break down endocannabinoids) and receptors( attachment sites). When our endocannabinoids default in function or are unregulated, discomfort in the form of diseases, pain, imbalances and inflammation occurs. Cannabis works by bringing this system back into regulation.
Fertility with Cannabis food
Cannabis food is a term used for any type of food or beverage that has been infused with cannabis. These foods typically contain the psychoactive compound tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and/or the non-psychoactive compound cannabidiol (CBD).
Cannabis food can come in a variety of forms, such as baked goods, chocolates, gummies, beverages, and more.
Why should one use, Cannabis as food?
- Longer-lasting effects: Consuming cannabis as food can result in slower onset and longer-lasting effects than smoking or vaping, which can provide a more sustained and controlled experience.
- Discreet consumption: Using cannabis as food can be a more discreet way to consume cannabis, as there is no smoke or vapor involved.
- Alternative to smoking: For individuals who do not want to smoke or vape cannabis, using it as food can provide an alternative method of consumption.
- Potential medicinal benefits: Cannabis contains compounds such as THC and CBD that have been shown to have potential medicinal benefits, such as pain relief, anxiety reduction, and anti-inflammatory effects.
- Culinary experimentation: Cannabis-infused foods can be a fun and creative way to experiment with cooking and baking, and can add unique flavors and textures to dishes.
Why should one use, Cannabis as food for Fertility?
Research has shown that CBD(one of the compounds present in cannabis plant) may have anti-inflammatory properties, which could be beneficial for conditions such as endometriosis and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), which can interfere with fertility. CBD may also help to reduce stress and anxiety, which can impact fertility by disrupting hormone levels and menstrual cycles.
Cannabis foods at ITSHEMP
- CBD/THC Gummies
- Hemp Chocolate Bars
- Hemp Pasta
- Hemp Hearts
- Hemp seeds
- Hemp Protein powders