ITSHEMP: Where India buys Hemp, CBD, and Cannabis Products from Global Brands.
Location: Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh
Position: Social Media Intern
Reporting to: Content Head
We are looking for a Social Media Intern for Its Hemp. This is an exciting opportunity for a recent graduate or a freelance professional to join our team in Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh.
You will be responsible for coordinating and executing the company’s social media strategy, working across key social media channels including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
This role offers you a total immersion into the Hemp business and you will work closely with key members of staff, external social media consultants, and our partners and customers to learn about social media, digital communications and marketing in a business to the business environment.
This role will be instrumental in increasing our social media presence and gaining visibility for our brand among clients and customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Social Media Community Management
- Assist with streamlining Its Hemp’s social media accounts (e.g. Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and other social media platforms), ensuring uniform content and tone of voice for landing pages, graphics, and other elements within the communities.
- Increase the number of followers we have on Instagram & Twitter & build Facebook ‘likes’ by following and engaging with Hemp Companies worldwide and potential customers.
- Monitoring and replying to Tweets, messages, tags, from customers and Hemp Companies (initially under supervision)
- Posting Tweets & sharing stories daily on Instagram Facebook (general updates and industry-related)
- Posting updates to the Company LinkedIn, Facebook & Instagram accounts (initially under supervision)
- Use features like questions, polls and surveys on LinkedIn, Facebook & Instagram to build our social media footprint and reputation.
- Liaising with staff internally to ensure that their company & personal profiles are accurate and up-to-date.
- Build Facebook ‘likes’ by approaching potential customers and other Hemp Companies through other social media channels and email marketing campaigns.
- Work with the Creative Director to implement other channel-specific campaigns
- Coordinating and Distributing Content
- Scheduling and coordinating a monthly brainstorming meeting with the team to establish content ideas for the month ahead, and to plan for a monthly social media, editorial, marketing and blogging calendar.
- Maintain a monthly social media and blogging calendar, and ensure that everyone is meeting their deadlines
- Coordinate guest blogger & influencer programmes. Help to amplify this content through other social media channels.
- Drive awareness of our new blog posts by posting the articles into forums and groups
- Repurpose content from other sources for our own social media channels (and understand how to change the tone of the content for each channel)
- Understanding and monitoring social media analytics
- Track key social media analytics monthly, including Google Analytics, Bitly statistics, Instagram & Facebook Analytics, LinkedIn company stats, etc.
- Track and report website statistics using Google Analytics. Look at how well specific content performs and look at the flow of traffic through to our website.
- Look at the best performing web site pages and try to generate new content that does the same or better.
- Follow the blogs and content of our competitors and key clients
- Build monthly reporting tools on social media analytics and performance against our ‘baseline targets.’
- Email Marketing and SEO
- Work with each team to create and send one email broadcast per week around content ideas and keys jobs.
- Research free online directories to generate inbound links for SEO.
- Using Google, search on keywords and look at our competitors’ brands for forums and directories that we can sign up to generate inbound links for our company.
- Familiarity with key social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter
- Understanding of various Social Media Management & analytics tools
- Fair understanding of Computers & all basic software
- Basic Knowledge of Graphic & video editing software & tools
- Possess an understanding of Social Media & communications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented including proofreading skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Possess high integrity and ability to maintain confidential information
- Demonstrate the ability to quickly learn new software and skills
- Experience in Content Development
- Experience in Digital marketing a plus
- Driven by results
- Ability to work hands-on in a start-up environment
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Determined self-starter with a positive attitude
- Can show initiative, drive and enthusiasm
- Is resourceful & problem solver
- Strong organizational skills