Buy CBD in India Online at ItsHemp
ItsHemp is an online platform that enables the discovery and adoption of hemp, CBD, and cannabis-based health and wellness products. ItsHemp showcases more than 1300 cannabis products, from India and other countries, on a single platform.
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol, or CBD in short, is a naturally occurring chemical compound in the cannabis plant. It is one of the two most commonly known and extracted cannabinoids.
Even though it comes from cannabis, CBD is non-intoxicating in nature and has several therapeutic benefits. Regular use of CBD helps provide relief from pain, inflammation, stress and anxiety, nausea, and many other medical conditions.
CBD does not get you high.
CBD products in India have the potential to help with at least 30 different medical conditions—both mild and acute.
The most popular way of using CBD in India is in the form of oil. However, an increasing number of people are adopting other products such as capsules, gummies, and topicals.
Is CBD legal in India?
Yes, CBD is legal in India. As per the latest information available in 2022, it is legal to use and buy CBD products with low amounts of THC (the high-causing compound) in India.
Products with a higher concentration of THC classify as Ayurvedic Medicines and can be purchased on presenting a valid prescription by an Ayurvedic doctor.
How to use CBD oil in India?
When looking to buy CBD in India, you can choose from among 5 different types of products:
- Oil drops: liquid CBD extracts that are consumed directly, added to food and drink items, or used externally on the skin.
- Food Items: ready-to-eat food items infused with CBD oil. Some common examples of CBD edibles that you can buy in India are gummies and chocolates.
- Beverages: drinks infused with CBD oil. In India, you can buy CBD drinks like tea and coffee.
- Capsules: soft or hard gel capsules that contain CBD oil. These can be taken in the morning and night like other vitamin supplements.
- Balms: topical products such as balms, salves, and creams that contain moderate to high amounts of CBD. These are used externally, by massaging over muscles and joints. CBD balms in India are commonly used to manage aching joints, inflamed muscles, and localised pain.
Types of CBD
A CBD extract may or may not contain other cannabinoids and chemical compounds from the cannabis plant. Based on this concentration, CBD is classified into three types.
- Full-spectrum CBD: an extract containing all the chemical compounds originally present in the cannabis plant.
- Broad-spectrum CBD: an extract containing all the chemical compounds present in the cannabis plant except for THC (the high-causing compound).
- Isolate: an extract containing only and only CBD. It does not contain any other chemical compound.
Full-spectrum CBD in India
A full-spectrum CBD extract contains all the chemical compounds that are naturally present in the cannabis plant. The full-spectrum CBD that you buy in India often contains low amounts of THC (less than or equal to 0.3%). This amount is not enough to cause intoxication. Full-spectrum CBD extracts can therefore be used without worrying about intense intoxicating effects.
In full-spectrum CBD, all the different cannabinoids like CBD, CBG, CBN, THC, etc. work together and provide enhanced relief.
The most popular full-spectrum CBD products that people buy in India are gummies, oil drops, and balms.
Broad-spectrum CBD in India
A broad-spectrum extract contains all the chemical compounds originally present in the cannabis plant except for THC. That is, with the help of different chemical processes we eliminate THC (the high-causing compound) from the extract, keeping everything else intact.
In broad-spectrum CBD too, all the cannabinoids (CBD, CBN, CBG, etc.) work together to enhance each other’s therapeutic benefits. Because this extract does not contain THC, it won’t cause any intoxication whatsoever. But at the same time, this extract will not have the therapeutic benefits of THC as well.
CBD Isolates in India
Isolates are the most common type of CBD extracts in India. A CBD isolate contains only and only CBD. They are the safest and easiest way of consuming CBD, especially for beginners. Here too, because there is no THC, no intoxicating effects occur.
In CBD isolates, the therapeutic benefits of CBD do not interfere with those of other cannabinoids.
For which medical conditions can I use CBD in India?
CBD is a therapeutic compound that can be used to manage medical conditions such as:
- Physical Ailments (e.g. Arthritis, Menstrual pain, Muscle inflammation)
- Autoimmune Disorders (e.g. Multiple Sclerosis, SCID)
- Neurodegenerative Disorders (e.g. Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s,)
- Sleep Disorders (e.g. Insomnia, Sleep Apnea)
- Neurological Disorders (e.g. Fibromyalgia, Epilepsy)
- Psychological Disorders (e.g. Anxiety, Depression, Schizophrenia)
Which international CBD brands are available in India?
With the growing popularity of CBD in India, an increasing number of foreign companies are introducing their products into the market. Currently, you can buy the products from the following international CBD brands in India:
Endoca’s raw CBD oil is a highly popular product in India. The brand works to give people easy access to a number of cannabinoid products that can help them gain or regain a sense of equilibrium in their life.
Endoca works with 2 compositions, 3% and 15% and 2 formulations, CBD and CBD + CBDa.
This UK-based brand offers to Indian users a premium range of organic, vegan, and preservative-free CBD products. Their product range is quite versatile. They have full-spectrum CBD formulations in the form of oil drops and capsules as well as some CBD-infused tea and coffee.
Another amazing product from their collection is the CBD Muscle Balm, a topical product intended for inflamed and aching muscles and joints.
Hemp Heros is also currently the only international brand in India that offers full-spectrum CBD oil products for pets.
GEM Naturals works out of the United States. This brand offers high-quality, isolate CBD formulations to users. CBD isolates from GEM Naturals contain 99% CBD with 1% MCT oil.