There is a visible increase in the popularity of hemp protein powder in India. It is a vegan, plant-based source of complete protein. In this article, we understand the basics of hemp protein and take a look at top 7 hemp protein powders you can buy in India.
All About Hemp Protein Powder in India
What is Hemp Protein?
Hemp protein refers to the protein content present in hemp seeds. Hemp seeds are a storehouse of nutrition considered to be a complete source of protein. Hemp protein is plant-based and free of soy, gluten, and lactose.
Hemp protein is made up of two globular proteins—Edestin (60-80%) and Albumin. The most common way of using hemp protein is in the form of powder. Hemp protein is a high-quality vegan, plant-based source of protein containing all the 9 essential amino acids required by the body to function properly.
Essential Components of Hemp Protein
Hemp Protein Powder is a great source of:
- Dietary Fibre
- Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs)
- Dietary Minerals (e.g., zinc, calcium, magnesium, etc.)
- Antioxidants (vitamin E)
Hemp powder is a complete source of protein containing all 20 amino acids along with 9 essential amino acids required by the body. The structure of hemp protein is similar to the structure of protein manufactured in the body. This makes hemp protein easily digestible with 91-98% of protein available for absorption.
Hemp protein powder is rich in dietary fibres that help regulate blood sugar levels and maintain healthy gut bacteria. A 30g serving of hemp protein powder contains approximately 7-8 grams of fibre.
Essential Fatty Acids
Hemp protein powder is a rich source of omega-6 and omega-3. These essential fatty acids are present in the optimal ratio of 3:1. These give hemp powder anti-inflammatory properties. Hemp powder thus helps reduce inflammation in the body while regulating the immune system.
Hemp protein powder is also a good source of gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) which keeps diabetes, heart health, and hypertension in check.
Dietary Minerals and Antioxidants
Hemp protein powder retains the nutrient profile of hemp seeds and therefore, contain dietary minerals such as iron, magnesium, manganese, etc. These help maintain healthy functioning of the body and help in preventing sickness and disease.
Benefits of Hemp Protein Powder
One of the reasons why people buy hemp protein powder in India is the long list of benefits it provides. Hemp protein powder is:
- A great source of vegan, plant-based protein.
- Rich in fibre; helps in lowering the risk of type-2 diabetes, heart disease, and constipation.
- Easily digestible; allows the body to use the protein more efficiently.
- Good for the immune system
- A rich source of Vitamin-E which has antioxidant properties.
Hemp vs Whey Protein
With the increasing popularity of hemp protein powder in India, the comparison between hemp and whey protein is a hot topic. As more people shift towards a plant-based diet, they are comparing and analysing the nutritional value of hemp and whey protein.
Featured Read: Hemp vs Whey Protein | Which is Better?
Buy Hemp Protein Powder in India | Top 7 Products to Explore
A premium hemp brand in India, Health Horizons is one of the earliest hemp nutrition brands. Their hemp protein powder acts as wellness and medicinal supplement.
Hemp protein powder from Health Horizons is:
- 100% vegan
- 100% natural
- Free of Soy
- Free of additives
If you’re looking to buy raw, unrefined, and cold-pressed hemp protein powder in India, then Crushed Organics has to be your go-to brand. This product is:
- 100% Raw
- Free of Preservatives
Hemp protein powder by UTHC has an earthy, nutty flavour that easily blends in with all kinds of food. This product is a completely natural and organic source of:
- Dietary fibres
- Essential amino acids
Made from 100% raw hemp seeds, hemp protein powder by Cure by Design is a reliable source of vegan protein. It helps improve:
- Muscle growth
- Cardiovascular health
- PMS symptoms
If you’re looking to buy pure, unrefined hemp protein powder in India, Ananta’s products are a must-explore! Hemp protein powder by Ananta is a premium product with high levels of;
- Amino acids
- Essential fatty acids
- Dietary fibres and minerals
Hemp Flour/Seed Powder by Wildleaf is a versatile product that can be easily added to shakes, bakes, smoothies, and cereal. Hemp protein powder by Wildleaf is:
BOHECO Life is a provider of pure, unrefined hemp protein powder in India. This product helps:
- Build lean muscle
- Boost metabolism
- Digestive health
- Increase energy levels
- Improve brain and memory function
- Health Horizons Cold Milled Raw Hemp Seeds Powder (Protein) 500gm₹999.00
- Health Horizons Ayurvedic Sativa Hemp Protein Powder 150gm₹299.00
- Health Horizons Ayurvedic Sativa Hemp Protein Powder – Chocolate Flavour (150gms)₹299.00
- Health Horizons Ayurvedic Sativa Hemp Protein Powder – Chocolate Flavour (500gms)₹999.00
- Product on saleNoigra Hemp Protein Powder, 1.5 kg
- Rootsativaa Hemp Whole Seeds Raw (250 gm)₹300.00
- India Hemp Organics Hemp Protein Powder (100g)₹299.00
- Product on saleLily Ayurved Hemp Protein Powder, 150g
- Product on saleHemp Bird Hemp Hearts(150g) + Proteins Powder(150g) Combo
- India Hemp Organics Mega Value Pack₹4,547.00
- IndusHemp Hemp Protein Powder, 500gms₹999.00
- IndusHemp Hemp Flour, 1kg₹1,199.00
- Product on saleVeda Botanicals Himalayan Hemp Powder, 500g
- India Hemp Organics Hemp Protein Powder (1Kg)₹1,999.00
- India Hemp and Co. Hemp Protein (500 g)₹1,199.00
- IndusHemp Hemp Protein Powder, 1kg₹1,999.00
- BOHECO HIMALAYAN HEMP POWDER, 100 gms₹349.00
- Health Horizons Nurture Blend For Fertility Enhancement , 120g₹499.00
- Health Horizons Calm Blend For Stress Relief (Powder), 120g₹499.00
- Product on saleYetis Remedy Hemp Seed Powder (100 gms)
- Noigra Hempy Start Combo Pack₹1,697.00
- Product on saleNoigra Hemp Protein Powder (1 kg)
- Wildleaf Hemp Flour/Seed Powder (250 gms)₹649.00
- India Hemp & Co. Hemp Protein (250 g)₹599.00